Jazz Improv & More
This 3-hour workshop covers chops, interpretation, improv, and communication for vocal jazz students.
The class is offered privately and in small groups of 12 or fewer students, live or via Zoom. We provide a jazz rhythm section including pianist/or guitarist, bassist and drummer. All students will work with the combo.
We’ll Focus on:
• Are you in the “mix”? Learn about Somatic Voicework™, a great technique for jazz vocalists.
• It don’t mean a thing, if it ain’t got that swing. Work with rhythm.
• Improvisation: circle songs and scat improvisation.
• Present your song. We will discuss interpretation, phrasing, feel, chops, the right key.
• Communication with the band: Getting what you want.
Session: 3 hour session/s
Via: in person or via Zoom